This delicious and extremely easy Muesli Bar recipe is for a friend of mine whose baby needs to eat Egg Free treats. I usually use tinned Pear but in the summer please feel free to stew fresh Pears in water until soft.
Coconut, Cashew & Pear is a scrumptious combination. This muesli bar recipe is very easy and healthy enough to offer a fussy baby for breakfast on the run
- Preheat Oven to 125 degrees celcius
- Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper
- Simply add all of the 6 ingredients in your food processor / Thermomix / Thermochef / Bellini or even use a stab mixer
- Combine on medium high until the Cashews have formed a paste with the remaining ingredients
- With a spatula or even with your hand, spread the mixture over your lined baking tray unitl about 1/2cm thick, it does not need to fill the whole tray, better to keep the thickness even than to spread the mixture out too thin - spreading the mix evenly is the hardest part of this recipe!
- Bake in the oven for about 1 hour 15 minutes untl golden brown and slightly firm to touch
- Make sure the slice is cooled completely before you cut it, then using a sharp knife cut to desired size for your little one
- Store in an air tight container in the fridge, I always have a small air tight container with a few bars in it ready to grab on my way out the door