Once pea pesto is prepared it will disappear fast! You can add fresh pesto to all sorts of simple dishes making them more delicious with an extra shot of healthy dark green vitality for the kids.
My Mum used to say that no one ever eats a melon unless she cuts it up then it disappears, I am still the same with ALL things in my fridge, until they are prepared into an easy to grab-and-eat version, they can sit there for a few days untouched, then suddenly, used in everything until all gone!
I make Pesto with a variation of whatever I have available but this is the most delicious and versatile recipe for Pesto. The peas make it a bit sweeter and creamier while the dill gives it a fresh zing.
I mix pesto with my Labna to serve as a dip (kids love to dip!). I add Pesto to my upcoming Pirate Treasure Chests. I also spread Pesto on my Cheat’s Crackers to flavour them pre baking. I add pesto on toast, in eggs, in salad and on vegetables, see my photos below for more inspiration. Once you make this recipe, you will be adding an extra shot of healthy dark green vitality to all sorts of meals and it will be loved!
Once pea pesto is prepared it will disappear fast! You can add fresh pesto to all sorts of simple dishes making them more delicious with an extra shot of healthy dark green vitality for the kids. Enjoy my recipe.
- In a small non stick saucepan start tossing around the pine nuts on a medium high heat. After a few minutes they will be lightly browned all over and will be ready (your kitchen will now smell divine) remove from heat
- Add all ingredients to your Food processor / Thermomix / Thermochef / Bellini or even a blender or a stab mixer will do
- Mix on a high speed for a few seconds until the ingredients are finely chopped and well combined
- You are done!
- Add to yoghurt to make a dip (for kids veg sticks or crackers), mix with eggs for green eggs, stir through cooked veg, spread on toast, the uses are endless to add a delicious shot of green vitality to your kids diet
- Store in a jar in the fridge for a week or so...if you and the kids can resist that long.
- Enjoy xoxSha