If you follow me on Facebook or Instagram you will know that we just returned from a magical week in Bali where I did a lot of Sugar Free eating but no cooking. While juggling the post holiday unpacking etc, I still had to get some afternoon tea prepared, perfect time to try a new cake recipe inspiration that is so so fast as it is cooked in the microwave. It was such a hit, I’ve made it a few times now and will take it to my friend’s house for a play date tomorrow too.
All my recipes are easy, quick, healthy and Sugar Free but of course still delicious, this one is just the ultimate of all of these attributes. I have tried a Dairy Free version but personally I preferred the cakes with cream instead of Coconut cream, the Hazelnut flavour is more prominent.
It will take you longer to share this recipe with your friends than it does to share the cakes with them! Super fast, ultimate deliciousness when you need a quick fix for the kids in a hurry. Also great to remember if you have guests popping in last minute.
- Coconut Flour - 2 Tablespoons
- Hazelnut Meal - 2 heaped Tablespoons (Almond Meal is great too)
- Stevia Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- Egg - 1
- Cream - 2 heaped Tablespoons (Coconut Cream worked really well if you are dairy free or out of cream)
- Macadamia Oil - 2 Tablespoons
- Rice Syrup - 1 heaped Tablespoon
- Vanilla Extract - 1/2 teaspoon
- Place all ingredients in a bowl and give a good stir (spoon will do) until the egg is dissolved through an even batter
- Spoon into a microwave safe dish, I used IKEA silicon ice cube trays which come in cute shapes, each Ice Cube is a perfect size for a decent bite of cake, about 1Tbs of mixture
- If you don't have any silicon Ice Cube trays or similar device, you can make a large cake in a bowl
- Place in Microwave (800 watts) for 3 minutes
- Keep an eye on them for the last 30 seconds and stop if you see them start to harden
- Pop them out of the moulds and eat away, they are so yummy
- I imagine they will keep for a few days air tight, but it is a small quantity and they are irresistable by Mums and Bubs so I don't think they will actually need storage!
- Enjoy xoxSha