A healthy alternative to the classic Italian Almond Amaretti cookie recipe, the traditional version would never have Goji Berries, but it really works!
I love the texture of these sugar free biscuits, chewy on the inside and crunchy on the outside perfect for a little guilt free sweet treat.
This cookie recipe is Sugar Free, Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Grain Free with a super fruit and protein packed nuts and egg whites.
The Goji Berries I use are small ones, they contain 10% natural sugars, I have seen the natural sugar content be as high as 50% in some brands.
A healthy alternative to the classic Italian Almond Amaretti biscuit recipe, the traditional version would never have Goji Berries, but it really works!
- Preheat oven to 160C fan forced
- Line 2 baking trays with greaseproof paper
- In a large bowl stir together the Almond meal, Natvia, Goji Berries and Grapefruit zest and set aside
- In a small bowl place egg whites and Rice Syrup and beat thoroughly with electric beaters until stiff peaks are formed
- Gently fold the 2 mixtures together
- Form the dough into balls about 1 teaspoon in size and flatten down onto the baking tray
- Bake for 15-20 minutes in the middle of oven, until the cookies have a golden tinge, but are still pale
- Place on wire rack to cool
- Store in air tight container for a few days
- Enjoy xoxSha