This looks and tastes like milk, it is amazing really. You won’t believe how easy it is to make your own delicious Sugar Free nut milk.
If you or your children are not tolerant to dairy, making your own milk is the healthiest option as bought non dairy milk often has added sugar. Cashew Milk is my favourite and very very easy to make. It even froths up if you are making babychinos! It is perfect to splash on top of my Granola for a healthy breakie.
This recipe makes 1L
This looks and tastes like milk, it is amazing really. Purchased nut milks most often contain sugar, now it is so easy you could make it yourself. If you or your kids have any intolerances, this is the yummiest easiest alternative.
- In your high speed food processor, blend the raw cashews until they are a fine meal (high speed for about 20 seconds)
- Add the Coconut water and warm pre boiled water - not too hot, plus vanilla and combine on high for about 1 minute
- You will now have a lovely white frothie liquid that is perfect as a milk substitute, it tastes delicious
- Leave to settle for a minute or so before you decant it so the Cashew meal settles at the bottom
- Pour the Cashew Milk slowly into a 1L glass bottle or jug with an airtight seal. No need to strain it but you will have some left over pulp at the bottom of your jug once the milk is finished
- You will also have some cashew pulp left in your food processor too, I use mine by adding to a recipe, a cake or muffin is fine, you don't have to use it though
- Store your cashew milk in the fridge for a few days only. Use it on Cereal (I will post Apple Cinnamon Chrunchiola soon), use in baking or in a babychino or latte for yourself as it is so frothie
- Enjoy xoxSha