Yum! No chocolate, no sugar, no dairy, no gluten, no bake. Black Velvet Cake is a steamed recipe made with Black Glutinous Rice Flour. It is a very interesting dessert, set like a firm pudding. The flavours remind me of Thailand, eating the Black Glutinous Rice Pudding drizzled with Coconut Cream. I buy the Black Glutinous Rice Flour from my Asian supermarket.
My Oven has very sadly broken but the cooking does not stop, steaming a dessert is a perfect option until the oven gets replaced.
Yum! No chocolate, no sugar, no dairy, no gluten, no bake. Steam this recipe up for a dessert that will take you back to Thailand!
- Prepare a large silicon cake mould or about 18 silicon cupcake moulds by spraying with coconut oil and placing in your steamer
- Start by beating the Eggs and yolks, together with the Stevia powder in your mixing bowl / processor
- Add Coconut Cream, Macadamia Oil, Rice Syrup, Vanilla Extract and combine further
- Gently beat in the Black rice flour
- Now pour your black mixture into your prepared moulds
- Steam for 50 minutes for a large cake or 30 minutes for cupcakes, until set. It is important to place a tea towel under your steamer lid to prevent condensation dripping onto the cake
- Turn the cakes out gently and sprinkle with desiccated coconut. The contrasting black and white is a beautiful effect
- The dessert is best served at room temperature
- Keep extra's refrigerated and enjoy within a few days
- Enjoy xoxSha